Saturday, April 7, 2018

News that will surprise nobody....

....and changing plans

So, as expected I have gotten zero replies. (The force is strong with these agents. Alas, they have fallen to the dark side.) And to be honest, I'm getting tired of waiting. On top of which, waiting until 1 May won't really accomplish anything. So....I am reducing the time to the deadline. But to when ? Time to do some match.

I mailed my pitch on Saturday the 24th of March. But I put it in the post box late in the evening, so let's not count that day. And Sunday is not a workday, so let's not count that either. Which means that the first day would be Monday the 26th. Now, delivery time for the US is between 3 and 6 workdays. And in the US, Good Friday is not a Federal holiday. Which means US Mail is open for business. Alas, that leaves us one day short. So let's put the latest delivery date possible at 2 April. (The Monday after Easter Sunday.)

Now, what is most likely, is that my pitch went straight into the trashcan. But....what if they did send a reply ? Well, that's another six days. (Let's not count 2 April.) Which would make today, day four. Skipping the weekend, that means day 6 will be Tuesday the 10th. So - presuming I can even find the right address to send to it - the 11th it is.

Motivation

First of all, I want to make it clear that am not an Stargate Origins hater. In fact, I am hoping for a second season. I hope they up the budget and increase the run time of the episodes. There are plenty of untold chapters to fill in. But why not be more ambitious and go for a Stargate Universe soft reboot ? Not only was it a good show, I am not a fan of unresolved cliffhangers. (Who is ?) But there is more to it....

Realistic Writing

A key rule in writing is to stay true to the character. If we are talking to about a person or an organization is irrelevant in this context. So let us ask the following question....(If this was real life) would the US Air Force abandon the people on Destiny ? In my humble opinion, the answer is....NO. And to claim otherwise is not only bad writing...I would even go so far as to call it character assassination. Or at least a grave insult at the address of the USAF.

Also, to declare Stargate Universe non-canon or simply dismiss the issue with a few lines of dialogue in a possible fourth series is also - in my opinion - quite insulting. Not only to the fans, but also to the cast and crew of Stargate Universe. We are talking about people whom work twelve hours a day, six days a week. These people have worked their butts off for two years.

To summarize: To do anything other then wrap up SGU is insulting to everybody involved. (The fans, the cast, the crew and the USAF.) At least, that's my opinion. Do you agree ? Decide for yourself.

Edmond Dantes

No comments:

Post a Comment